Sunday, July 12, 2009

Streak Days 11 - 12



Plan A – Group Run on Saturday at Chisholm Trail, shower at the gym then go to the office. (3 yes, 1 no)
Plan B – Group Run on Sunday as I am tired from work and I have to work on Saturday. (3 yes, 1 no)
Plan C – Group Run on Saturday at Campion Trails, shower at home then go to the office. (3 yes)
Plan D – Group Run on Sunday at Chisholm Trail as others are my priority! (5 yes)

Libby, Sarah and I met at Campion Trails for another love/hate run! Our goal was to mark the 10K course for the Heels and Hills “A Dollar a K”. Libby was having an “I don’t wanna run” day and I wasn’t showing much sympathy… We are good enough friends to automatically give plenty of space when one of us is crabby! Libby dropped slightly back then thought she was struggling, but in reality I was running a faster pace to ensure she would keep her 11:30 pace. Sarah was feeling strong and my goal was to not let her walk in the final miles. She asked if we had completed four miles and I replied “yes”, but opted to omit that we were almost finished with five miles. As usual I picked up the pace for the final miles and they both responded to the challenge!!! Sarah was thrilled with a final 10:35 mile and Libby was thrilled with an overall 11:39 pace. Another successful love/hate run in the record books, hurry home for dog duty and a shower then head to the office.

Sunday was a wonderful run with old and new friends. Plan D was for Libby, Steve and me to meet at Chisholm Trail for an easy 4 miles. Steve’s brother in law, Rod, was in town and runs a little faster. Thanks to Wendy for joining Rod for a faster pace. As it turned out, all five of us ran the first two miles as a group. I decided to raise my own bar and run with Wendy and Rod for the final two miles. We ran a 10:10 then a 9:45!! Steve is new to distance running so I smiled as Libby became the coach and offered to pace Steve for the final two miles. She did let him have a 15 second walk break, but then it was back to running. Where did she learn to be so tough??? Thankfully I did not have to work today so we all went for coffee at Starbucks and good conversation.

I love, love, love running with others as they reach their new running goals!

Sat 01:09:35 – 11:26, 11:27, 11:20, 11:18, 11:10, 10:35, 2:15 (Avg 11:22)
Sun 42:32 – 11:24, 11:12, 10:10, 09:45 (Avg 10:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment